Successfully defended my dissertation on 23 April and turned in the final draft to the graduate college offices today. Now, I can finally put on my Ph.D. t-shirt!
In other news, I'm moving in June to the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency headquarters, where I'm supposedly going to head up the Strategic ISR Analysis section. Thankfully, the USAF is letting me remain in Iowa until my kids finish school.
Thus, I'm off to celebrate by:
1) Changing all my magazine subscriptions from "Mr." to "Dr."
2) Going to see "Pirates! Band of Misfits" with the fam on Sunday, followed by a phat steak dinner.
3) Playing video games for three days.
4) Reading a book at Haunted Bookshop for pleasure rather than work.
5) Drinking a beer this Friday. Maybe two.
6) Buying myself two things I've always wanted: a "Fishbone" t-shirt, and a deluxe rubber chicken.
Finally, this calls for an appropriate "rage face" meme: